Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Breaking the habit: Day 1

Last night was a struggle for S. She had difficulty falling asleep with out sucking her thumb. We laid in bed for at least half an hour and she was wide awake. She was exhausted, yawning repeatedly and finally I fell asleep before she did. I was exhausted too. When I woke up around 11:30 PM, she was asleep with nothing in her mouth. I gave her an incentive that if she successfully not suck her thumb for 1 week, I'll get her a pokemon stuff animal name Minum.
I have no choice but trust that she will not suck her thumb during nap time at school. If I see missing flakes of nail polish, that will an indication that she didn't stick with the program.
From this experience, thumb sucking will not be an option for child number 2.

On a different note, I found out that my sister inlaw is also expecting. Her due date is August 2005 so our kids will be 3 months apart. She's very excited and she's hoping for a girl.

1 comment:

Bullseye said...

How exciting that 'S' is trying to break a habit! Good Luck to you S.