Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Back on track

For the pass few months I have been eating freely which leads to expanding waist line. I also realized that working out twice a week isn't making a dent to my goal weight.
On 5/26/07, I started to get back on track by eating healthy and exercising more. I'm proud of my self the night I turned down red wine for water and skipped green tea ice cream for dessert.
This week, I started walking 30 min at lunch time around the block. I wish I could go to the gym but walking is a good start and saves time & gas. My short term goal is walking 3 times a week, weights 2 times a week. I do feel better taking a break from the office and get some outdoor breeze and sun. Long term goal is walking 5 times/week.
What motivated me to change is my boot camp instructor. She just had a baby in Feb and now she's smaller than I am where as my belly still looks like I'm 3 months pregnant if I don't consciously hold it in.

For the transformation, I started
  1. Drinking more water during the day before I feel thirsty
  2. Stay away from the candy stray in our front office
  3. Stop going out to lunch with coworkers and bring my own lunch
  4. Eat more veggies and cut down on rice during dinner
  5. Weigh my self every 2 weeks instead of daily
  6. Stop reading food blogs

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your point no.6 makes me chuckle, ... I also loooove to read food blogs *especially blogs on Jakarta food stalls* .. it's a nasty hobby coz most of the time I will end up making myself a bowl of instant noodle ...hahhaa.
Point no. 4, my my cutting down on rice is the MOST impossible mission for me ...:D.
You have a very strong will, Sam ...keep up the good work!!

Sam said...

Santi,
I'm the same way after reading food blog because I have Indomi in my pantry.
Noodles and rice are my favorites but I'm eating them in small portion now instead of a plate or a bowl.
I'm strong for this week, we'll see in a few weeks when PMS starts to take over.

Sam said...

bugs in the comment section?. There are 2 comments but it shows 0 for some strange reason. Sigh.