Sunday, May 27, 2007

Secondo turned 2


We celebrated Secondo's birthday party last weekend. She loves Elmo so naturally the birthday theme was Elmo. We only invited 2 of her friends living on our street and the rest of the guests were family members.
Menu for the party was the following
  1. Chow mien
  2. Firm tofu with fish cake
  3. Vietnamese egg rolls
  4. Tom Yum Kung
  5. Thai pork ribs
  6. Potato Salad
Drinks
  1. Margarita
  2. Wine
  3. Almond Champagne
  4. Sodas
  5. Juice boxes for little ones
It was too hectic as the host and I didn't get to take pictures of all these wonderful dishes. Everyone ( Neighbor, mom, mother in law and I) pitched in to provide such variety of food for the party. Mom liked Tom Yum Kung from my Thai neighbor so much that she brought home half of the pot so she could share it with her Ma-Jong friends the day after. I know that I gained 5 pounds after eating all the different food.
Hubby got the bubble machine that kept the older and younger kids entertained for a while.













One very special gift Secondo got for her birthday is this head piece from her Aunt Ellen who is on a radical sabbatical traveling through China for the pass 3 months. Cost of shipping exceeded the cost of the head pieces (Danielle got one also)

4 comments:

antawnkreitzer said...

secondo is 2? wow. tell her I wish her a happy bday. brother J and LL are expecting their 2nd on Wed...inducing...she's been in the hospital for over a month. pretty crazy.

i love tom yung kung. is there anyway your thai neighbor can give you a recipe?

Sam said...

I feel bad for LL, having to on bed rest for over 1 month. I know I'll go stir crazy not being able to walk around. Please email me pictures of their secondo when it's born.
She's pretty protective of her recipe. If you come visit, she'll be happy to make it for you

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday, secondo! The menu makes me drool ... nyummie! What a beautiful head piece .. aw shipping cost can be a pain indeed :D.

Sam said...

Thank you Santi. My parents wanted me to make sate ayam and gado gado but I told them that we'll make Indonesian style next get together.