Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Mother's day weekend

I started celebrating Mother's day last Thursday night when Danielle came home with a dark puple Petunia planted in a decorated pot she made. She also made a card with reasons why I'm an amazing mom. Her reasons were:
  1. I take care of her when she's hurt
  2. I help her with homework and piano practice
In a her own way, she did appreciate our head butting during piano practices. She's more independent as far as learning new piano pieces. We're working on the sound of music medley and her 1st piece is "Do re mi".
Friday night, we had dinner with our neighbor and Danielle played chess with our neighbor Dave who have not played chess for 10 years.
On Saturday, I took my parents out to Dim sum along with their close friends while hubby babysit the kids. I was able to eat in peace instead of rushing or being interrupted by the girls needing one thing or another. I really wanted to eat crabs but it's not in season so I settled for deep fried fish instead. After lunch we hung out at my in laws for a while before heading out to my brother's in laws for Mother's day BBQ potluck dinner. I marinated several pounds of Korean BBQ ribs and got some corn on the cob. Others brought chicken for the barbie, salad, taquitos with guacamole and salsa. Danielle ate half a hot dog and 4 pieces of rice krispies treats for desert. After dinner, one of the neighbor told brother in law Mike that she saw a rat jump into his car engine parked on the street. Hubby and Mike went to investigate and found a possum instead of a rat.
On Sunday, we did our normal routine. Hubby and I exercised in the morning and he worked on the yard while I spend time with the girls, did laundry etc..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you teaching your daughter piano? I've been trying to teach Joseph piano, but he's not interested in yet.
It seems you had a wonderful long weekend celebration :D.

Sam said...

Hi Santi,
I tried teaching her on my own but she can't really take criticism from me so Daniel is taking lesson weekly and I help her with practice at home.
I believe Joseph is still too young. May be when he's 5 years old, it'll be easier for everyone.