Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Holiday madness

There is a Costco gas station near by my work and I've started getting gas there during lunch. I paid $2.49/ gallon so not sure if that is a good deal or not. Most of the vehicles getting gas there are Seniors who are technologically challenged or people with big SUVs and Trucks. I swear it takes me longer to get gas there than a regular gas station so I may go back to my old gas station next time. Getting in and out of Costco parking lot was a challenge during this time of year. After getting gas, I was planning to go in Costco and pick up some stuff for the party but wasn't sure if I can get out within 1 hour.
We had a retirement party at work today and he told an interesting story. He wanted to retire 2 years before but was talked in to working longer.
While talking about his years of service, he pulled out a measuring tape from his pocket and extended out to 65 inches and said that is how long he lived. Statistically, average male life span is 77 years old and average female life span ~85. When he did the math, he statictically has only 12 years to go so he's not going to compromise anymore and enjoy the rest of his life with his wife traveling around the world, go fishing and play golf.
I'm glad decided to retire and enjoy their life too.

No comments: