Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Stuff

Remember Secondo started a fever on Friday? Well she's still abit warm on Saturday but she started coughing and nose started to run. We took her to the Dr on Monday and she got a virus that is going around. She's quite miserable, lethargic for the pass few days and just want to be held by mom. She sneezed on me several times and my throat is feeling sore when I woke up this morning.
Last weekend, I ended up wearing something I had in the closet for the Christmas party while mom & dad watched the kids for the evening. I wanted to bring the camera to capture the food we had but it would appeared too geeky in front of my coworkers and boss. Dinner was OK but they had an elaborate dessert buffet and a chocolate fountain with fruits, sponge cake or marshmallows on a stick for dipping. I had one dipped strawberry, small square of strawberry cheese cake, a mini fruit tart and some fruits with coffee.
I was not happy Sunday morning when our spin coach didn't show up for class and wasn't able to find a sub. Some people with their ipod continued spinning but I went on the treadmill and jogged instead. Next to me is this petite mom who was running at 5 miles/ hour and easily carrying a conversation with her friend about getting hair extension etc.. If it was me I would be breathing hard and counting the seconds before I could get off the treadmill. After she finished her run, she went and did real pull ups on her own and also abs on the exercise ball. I was impressed by her strength and she inspired me to strengthen my arms and abs so I can pull up my own body weight on my own. It'll take some time but that the goal is to do one to 5 real pull up by March 2007.
Back in High School, the females had to do at least 1 real pull up to pass PE and none of us were able to do it so the teacher modified the requirement to have a guy get us ladies up in the pull up position and we had to hold our body weight for 10 seconds.

No comments: