Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The blame game

I've noticed lately that Primero likes to play victim. If she played the wrong note on the piano it's because I was singing along in the background and throwing her off or the scooter was hitting her legs. This morning, she had a minor episode. We put a safety gate by the top of the stairs to prevent Secondo from tumbling down freely so as Primero came through the gate said
P:"Mom..the gate pinched my finger"
Me: "Really.. How did it do that? Does it have crab like pincher?"
P:"NO. I opened the gate and my hand is too small so it pinched me"
Me: "Oh.. So the gate has a brain and said here comes Primero's tiny finger and I'm going to pinch it today because I'm not just a gate. I'm an alligator gate!"
She started to laugh a little and said "The gate doesn't have a brain"
I also told her that she controls her finger and can't blame the gate, anything or anyone else for her own action.

No comments: