Friday, August 05, 2005

Recovery process & changes

It's been a week since S had her surgery. Overall she's recovering well. Her right eye lid is almost back to normal and her left bottom eye lid still shows redness and swelling. One more week of medication and she'll be able to let her eyelids touch water. Lastnight as I kissed her good night she told me "Mom, I think love only Nicole but not me.." "What made you say that?" I responded "You always take care of her but not me anymore.." "I love both of you the same. I used to feed, burp and change your diaper just like mei-mei (little sister) when you were that small. Now I have 2 kids to take care of so I need your help with taking care of mei-mei" Sometimes she looks sad because she doesn't get all the attention as before so the adjusting period is still going on.

No comments: