Monday, August 08, 2005

Foot in mouth

I spoke too soon. Secondo still needs one feeding in the middle of the night so hopefully by 3 months she can sleep through the night.
I went to Target at lunch to buy some stuff and I wanted buy a rattle for secondo. This lady next to me started talking to me
Lady:" This teething ring actually vibrates!!"
Me: " How teething ring advances from year to year"
Lady: " I know..."
Me: " So when are you expecting?"
Lady:" Well, I'm not but I have a 6 month old baby."
Me inside my mind : Woops. I thought I will be able to tell if someone is pregnant or overweight.
Me: "I'm sure she'll like the vibrating teething ring.." and walked away.
Lesson learned never ask the question no matter how sure you are " When are you expecting.."

1 comment:

Bullseye said...

Oh my! You should have said ... when are you expecting ... to buy the teething ring?