Thursday, April 21, 2005

New tires

Recently I noticed my back left tire was balding so I told hubby that I need a new tire for my car. Hubby said that usually people get 2 new tires at once to balance the wear so we went to Costco and had the intention of buying 2 tires. We were contempalting which two to take out so we showed the tires to the mechanic, he said that all 3 tires were bald and recommended that we get 4 tires instead since it has to be even number. Hubby thinks that he's just being a salesman so he diagree with the recommendation. Me being conservative and not wanting to deal with changing flat tires on the freeway with a big belly agreed to buy all 4 new tires. Sold!
The bad part was that we had to wait for almost 2 hours for the installation so all 3 of us stroll inside Costco and ate lunch there. Pizza was really greasy but Myles liked their hotdog
Once the new tires were on the car, I noticed the contrast of how worn out the old tires were.

1 comment:

antawnkreitzer said...

the same happened to M and I. Her car had 3 bald tires, but Costco recommended we change 4. Actually, they said we had to change 4 or they wouldn't do it. We would have had to go somewhere else. It is true though, you shouldn't change 3 tires because then you'll always have one bad one and the wear and handling will never be right.