Monday, July 01, 2013

Creature of Habits

We all are creatures of habits and I am working towards to create some good ones that helps me with my goal weight.
Weight management is 80% diet and 20% exercise, I need to focus on changing my eating habits to reach my goal.  One gal posted on the internet that she lost 10 lbs following the Paleo diet.

Eat:

  • Grass-produced meats
  • Fish/seafood
  • Fresh fruits and veggies
  • Eggs
  • Nuts and seeds
  • Healthful oils (Olive, walnut, flaxseed, macadamia, avocado, coconut)

Don’t eat:

  • Cereal grains
  • Legumes (including peanuts)
  • Dairy
  • Refined sugar
  • Potatoes
  • Processed foods
  • Salt
  • Refined vegetable oils
I will need to look into it further but cutting out sugar and starch is typical.  Allowing fruits is good and veggies has always been the common theme for healthy eating.

No comments: