On 5/26/07, I started to get back on track by eating healthy and exercising more. I'm proud of my self the night I turned down red wine for water and skipped green tea ice cream for dessert.
This week, I started walking 30 min at lunch time around the block. I wish I could go to the gym but walking is a good start and saves time & gas. My short term goal is walking 3 times a week, weights 2 times a week. I do feel better taking a break from the office and get some outdoor breeze and sun. Long term goal is walking 5 times/week.
What motivated me to change is my boot camp instructor. She just had a baby in Feb and now she's smaller than I am where as my belly still looks like I'm 3 months pregnant if I don't consciously hold it in.
For the transformation, I started
- Drinking more water during the day before I feel thirsty
- Stay away from the candy stray in our front office
- Stop going out to lunch with coworkers and bring my own lunch
- Eat more veggies and cut down on rice during dinner
- Weigh my self every 2 weeks instead of daily
- Stop reading food blogs