Thursday, March 22, 2007

7 years vs. 22 months milestones

Here is my littleSecondo at the South Coast Winery . She's 22 months old now and is quite a drama queen just like her older sister. I attempted to distract her with the flowers while others were wine tasting at the table. She seemed so... grown up & sad in this shot. The sun was setting and it was difficult to get nice shots.
Here favorite phrase is "Where did daddy go?"
Me: "Daddy sang pan (Dad is at work) "
S: "Sang pan?"
Me: "Yes, Daddy sang pan"
S: " Where did Secondo go?"
Me: "Secondo is here.."
S: "he.. he.."
This is a cute age where she repeats everything anyone says. She says good morning and good by to people that I greet at the stores or school.
Both my girls are growing up fast. When the are not fighting, older one chased the younger one and tickled Secondo like crazy and ran away. Most of their fights are about toys since they don't share yet. Secondo tends to take things apart and doesn't put it back together or loose the accessories for her sister's littlest petshops.

Danielle is at the age where she wants to be a big kid not little kid like her sister. She'll make comment such as " I want to watch Hannah Montana or Phil of the Future. Sesame Streets are for babies" She wants her hair parted her way, grows out her bangs and pick her own clothes.
She's observant enought to read my facial expression.
D: "Mom, are you mad at me?"
Me:" Why do you think I'm mad at you?"
D: " You gave me the look"
Me:" What look?"
D: "You know, the big eye angry look when you're mad at me"
Me: " You are right. I'm mad because I've told you many times to practice piano and you ignore me"
I'm officially a mom now that I've mastered the universal "look" all moms are able to say " You are in big trouble my child if you don't do ______ "
My attempt to pay her a dollar a day to play piano on her own is not working.

With my new found support from some of other multilingual families I meet from blogging, I have been speak more Mandarin at home. One day, I replied in Mandarin to Hubby when he asked me a question and he understood it. May be he knows more Mandarin than I gave him credit for. My favorite word that hubby says is Sue-jiao ku (pajama pants).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sam ... both Secondo and Danielle are adorable! It seems all your family are eager to learn Mandarin .... keep on going!!