Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Piano lesson: Week 3


As before, practice takes time but my new rule is if she plays well 5 times then we can move on to the next song but if it's not up to par, she has to play at least 12 times. That seems to work and sometimes she wants to practice more that I asked. She still doesn't like piano her comment was
P: "Why am I good at something I don't like to do? I didn't even know that I'm good at playing piano"
Me: "There are many other things that you are good at but you don't even know yet?"
My concern is that she doesn't like piano. I hope by the time she plays some music that she knows then she'll like it more.
Her lesson went well and next step is to learn the notes. I learned do re mi but her teacher wants her to learn c d e etc.. and that doesn't come natural to me.
More practicing tonight...
From her I learn to be patient with my self and others.

1 comment:

CookieBandit said...

Hey, Sammy. I use this thing called Blogrolling (www.blogrolling.com) - after you create an account, you add all your links. And then you add a line of code (I think it's probably javascript?) to your blog template.

And it automatically checks your reads for updates and puts an asterik next to it. I like it too, because then you don't have to visit sites who haven't updated recently (ahem, like my blog).

By the way, I didn't really like practicing the piano either - I didn't mind playing (though I'd rather stay at home than go to piano lessons). But I ended playing pretty well... :)