Friday, September 01, 2006

Feeling Fat

I swear that after the 2nd baby, my abs had been replaced with fat layers that I can't get rid off. I also lost the reflex of pulling my abs in and I must consciously remind my self to suck my abs in or it'll just pooch out like I'm 3 months pregnant. Doing sit ups doesn't seem to help because the fat layer is still there so the only option remains is to modify diet, exercise to get rid of them fat once and for all. I'm at the point where I'm ready to change.
When I saw my cousin's wife who had the baby about the same time I did and she's back to her skinny self which got me thinking about my own body and the possibility of it going back to the shape where it used to be 2 years ago.
I read the South Beach diet and it's a bit too strict for the 1st 1 weeks. It's not realistic for me to follow their recipe so I'm working to put something together to incoorperate the food I'm already eating but cut out the rice, noodles and bread. I can cut out rice but noodles and bread are going to be tough.
I'm tired of feeling fat. I want to feel fit where my body is tight and strong. It's just going to get harder as I'm getting older so be patient with your self please.
P.S.: I'm so odd. Even when I'm trying to eat healthy, I still go to those food blogsite to tempt my self. Must stop doing that.

5 comments:

Bullseye said...

Our gene's don't work well with a lot of starches. I feel bloated also. When I was on the Zone Diet, it felt like my body was burning more of the food. I guess we can't digest starches. I'm going to try and lose some weight also.

Sam said...

I know that on the Zone diet, I don't feel sleepy with protein and fibers where as after eating pho, I feel sleepy. Let's do it together. I need some moral support. What are the zone food do you eat? I eat eggs or cottage cheese for breakfast and still have to figure out the other 3 meals. I'm also going to eat brown rice if I crave carb.

Bullseye said...

I find that it's easier for me to go cold turkey. I can't do it 1/2 way ... it's just a slippery slope when it's 1/2 way. Fortunately my taste buds aren't that advance, so I can eat the same thing over and over again. The trick for me is to find something that I can get my hands on easily. The magic meal seems to be chicken breast and brocolli. Eat that for a week and you're one step closer to looking like cindy crawford.

Sam said...

We all have our own ways of getting there. I may incoorporate chicken breast and brocolli in one of my meal plan. Do you boil them together?
The zone asked you to eat before sleep which I don't do.

Bullseye said...

Just use it as a guideline don't follow exactly. That way it will work for you. I used to boil the brocolli and pan fry the chicken breast. Fat/Oil is not the enemy, carbs / starches are.