Monday, May 02, 2005

Lack of time

Life has been super busy this pass week. I don't seem to have time to sit and ponder on what I've done.
Last Friday, I found out that my Ob will be on vacation from May 5th thru May 19th. Thanks for letting me know ahead of time lady. Now I got to meet the other doctors in the office who may be delivering my baby if the baby decides to arrive early. Urgh..
It's hard to start bonding with other Drs at the very last minutes. What can I do? It's beyond my control.. I liked the other office better in Valencia where I visit with all the Drs that practice in that office and get to know them before going into labor.
We moved the piano this weekend from my parent's house to our house. I'm looking into piano teacher for S. S said that she doesn't want to take lessons. I tried teaching her to use all her fingers but she refuses to take direction from me so piano teacher it will be. She doesn't take criticism well or she doesn't like me telling her that she's wrong.

On Saturday night right before bed, S asked for some chocolate chip cookies. I told her that we don't have any in the house and proceed to do other things. Later when we got ready to brush out teeth, she burst in to tears and I asked her what was wrong.
S: "I want some chocolate chip cookies..whoa.."
Me: "I can't magically have cookies in the house. We'll go to the store tomorrow and buy some OK?" I gave her a big hug.
S: "OK"
I didn't expect her to be unreasonable at 5 years old.
She drew several mother's day card for me but she won't let me see it. I asked her to draw one for my mom and her response was
S: " Why don't you draw it for your mom and I draw it for my mom."
She's got a point.

No comments: