Wednesday, May 25, 2005

We are home

BTW, the Bathroom blog is from Bulleye. He's in Taiwan vacationing.
Our 2nd daughter, N was born on 5-17-05. My water broke on the evening of 5-16-05 so hubby and I went in to the hospital right away. When we arrived, the nurses hooked me up with IV, contraction monitors and baby monitors. All night my contractions were irregular and managable and I was only 3 cm dialated. (P.S. It requires 10 cm for the baby to come out naturally. By 6 AM the next morning, I was only 4 cm dialated so they decided that I need oxytocin to speed up the process. This is when the contractions were more intense and less managable so I've asked for an epidural. After the epidural I was able to nap and relax until the epidural started to wear off on my left leg so the Dr. injected some stronger medicine that make the left side completely numb. By 6:00PM I was 10 cm dialated and ready to push the baby out and the Dr. made it just in time.
N was born on 6:06 PM. Weight: 7 pound 15 oz. and 20 inches long.
She has a full head of hair like her sister.
It nice not to have a big belly anymore..

6 comments:

Mir said...

Grats!!!!

Bullseye said...

Post more pictures... :)

Sam said...

some how my firewall blocked hello from uploading so I'm at a lost on how to post pictures. Did you see the ones I posted on smugmug?

Bullseye said...

Yup, saw those ... you should post a new picture per day. Then I can watch her grow :)

antawnkreitzer said...

congrats....can't wait to see the new baby. how does S like having a new sister?

Sam said...

She doesn't like having a new sister who cries and takes time away from her. She's adjusting at the moment. She hasn't asked that we return N to the hospital yet.