Thursday, June 26, 2008

Summer reading

Since Monday, I have not been listening to any book while driving and I felt empty and lonely during my drive to work. If felt as if my carpool partner who read for me was on vacation and I really missed him/her.
Last night after I picked up Danielle from her summer camp, we went to our local library and sign up for Summer reading programs for both of us. When she reads 20 min/day for 6 days, she'll get some special gift from the library. She checked out several books from Chronicles of Narnia and is reading Prince Caspian at the moment.

Summer reading for adults are a little different, I'm required to reading and review4 books tin order to participate in a drawing for goodies. I checked out 3 audio books so far
  1. Count Karlstein by Phillip Pullman. I really enjoyed Pullmans dark material series and wanted to read his other works.
  2. The Sun Also rises by Earnest Hemingway. This is one of the book on "1001 books you must read before you die" list so I'm reading it.
  3. Purpose driven life (What on earth am I here for?) by Richard Warren. I've seen Richard on PBS while channel surfing and I hope to learn want my purpose on this planet is after listening to this book.

No comments: