Wednesday, June 11, 2008

June Entry

It felt as if I just blogged last week but in reality a month has passed and now we are in June.

I. Secondo

Since my last entry, we celebrated Secondo’s 3rd birthday at my parent’s house on 5/17/08 with friends and family. Mom and mother in-law contributed lots of food for the party and I did not remember to take pictures of such festivities. Dad made his special almond pudding dessert which was a hit every time. I took some pictures but they have yet to be downloaded for posting. I rented the jump house for the little ones to bounce off the wall. It was scorching hot that day , the kids could not stand bouncing on the hot vinyl for more than 5 minutes. Some of the brave souls sang Karaoke while the older kids played video games upstairs in mom & dad’s room. One of my friends who lives in Santa Clarita Valley didn’t make it down so I was a little disappointed. One monumental thing Secondo did on her birthday was that she pooped in the potty with out being asked. After she finished her business and announced to the world “ I poo poo in the potty!”. Everyone in the house clapped their hands and cheered as if gasoline price has gone back down to $1.25/ gallon. To side tracked a little; I paid $ 4.45/gallon today at Costco. I’m looking into the possibility of taking the train to work. Back to the story: From that point forward, it was one step forward, two steps back on her being proactive. She would poop in her underwear if she was too involved in a task or when we didn’t pay attention. When we see her eyes get watery, hubby or I would sit her down on the potty. Last weekend, she had been pooping in the potty and I’m so hoping that this is it. She’s finally getting it and no more cleaning after this child. The potty training journey has been long and painful and I’m beginning to see light at the end of the tunnel. She started in the 3 year old class this month and she’s not used to it since all her friends are still in the two year old class.

II. Reading

I’m currently listening/reading the dark material trilogy of Phillip Pullman. I saw the movie Golden Compass prior to reading the book and the book goes into more details about Lyra’s journeys, her deamon and her enemies. I like the material and not sure if Danielle would be interested in the book. I’m listening to Subtle Knife , 2nd book of the series and she’s traveling to different world looking for scholars to help her find “dust”. I looked up the movie version of Subtle Knife and it’s coming out in 2009. One movie that I can’t wait to see is “Time traveler’s wife”. It’s suppose to be out in 2008 and I haven’t heard any buzz about it at all.

III. Danielle

Danielle is into Webkinz now. Webkinz sell stuff animal that can also be a virtual pet that she feeds and takes care of on line. Polar plunge is her favorite game and candy bash 2 is mine. I helped her earn kinzcash by playing games and joining tournaments. Next Wednesday will be the end of the school year and she’s looking forward to getting her report cards. She earns cash if she does well in school and she’s ready to buy more webkinz. She gets bored easily now and doesn't draw as much as she used to when she was younger.

IV. Workout

On the workout front, I’ve been running less after I injured my left ankle while learning to jump rope 3 weeks ago. It looked easy for the instructor to jump and land on her heel but when I did it I twisted something. I went back on the treadmill this morning after resting for 3 weeks and it felt OK. I’m planning to do a 5K charity run on July 4th around our area and my time is 13 min/mile. I tried to get Danielle to run 1K with other kids and she said no. I’m tired of my workout music that I have so if any of you has any motivating song list, please post them on comment section. I still exercise 4 times a week and 4:00AM morning calls are easier to get up to and it makes the week go by faster.

No comments: