Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I'm changing

Lately, I've been questioning my self of why do I spend the time to exercise on regular basis. If I don't exercise, I will have extra time to do other things with my family.
Last night, I didn't feel like going to the gym but I told hubby that I'm going so I was committed to the task.
The night before going to the gym @ 4:30 AM, I usually don't sleep well. Last night for instance, we got in bed by 9PM and I got up at 11:30 PM to the bath room. I was abruptly woken up by opening of garage door, thinking that I overslept so I checked my watch and it was ~3:00AM. I tried going back to sleep but felt irritated and angry because I should be sleeping through the noise until my alarm goes off. Next thing I remember, my alarm went off @ 4:10 AM so I got up and got ready for my morning exercise. I was scheduled to run 5K but I didn't wear the right bra so I jogged for 10 min and got on the bike for 20 min. I forgot to wear my heart monitor belt so I didn't track how much calories I burned. I did some arm work and walked out of the gym. It was day light and the air felt crisp and fresh on my sweaty face. I took several deep breaths and asked my self if all the apprehension I felt the night before workout was worth it?
It's been 3 months since I started this taxing 4:30 workout regiment and I need a new routine. Next week, Danielle will be out of school, and we don't have home work duty for at least 3 months. I'm going to workout at night twice a week and get a good night sleep.

How does one live with out having regrets? Lately, Danielle would say, I wish I had done this or I should have done X instead of Y.

Juliet,
If you are reading this blog, I hope I could be added to your list of reader. I miss reading how your boys are doing.

No comments: