Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Weekend

Easter weekend was hot as if we skipped Spring and jumped right into Summer weather. Hubby worked on Saturday, Danielle went to Legoland with her cousin and I took Secondo to the Cerritos Library to cool off. Secondo is more dramatic and loud than Danielle when she speaks and it was difficult for her to keep her voice low in the library. She acts differently when her big sis isn't around. She's more independent and complains less.
She's a rebel and refused to go on the potty when I asked her to do so. We have not made any significant progress since the journey began. She's going to turn 3 in May and I so hope that she'll be potty trained by then.
We went to the beach on Sunday and it was packed. We had to park on the side of the road instead of the parking lot and the best part is that Secondo is old enough to walk and I was able to carry beach gear while holding her hand. The water was too cold for me to go in but others were having a great time playing in the waves. I'm reading "The notebook" so I was able to read a good chunk of it under the beach umbrella while Secondo played in the sand. It's a touching love story that exists only in romance novels. One of my friend's parents are going through the same deal as the couple in the story and he's After the notebook I'll continue reading "The choice". After that, it's going to be "Angels and Demons" and "Prey" by Michael Crichton. My friend Andrea who takes the cycling class recommended "No time for good bye" by Linwood Barclay so I'm adding it to my list also.

No comments: