Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Good news and bad news

The good news since my last entry is that Danielle's best friend Nat is coming to her birthday party after all. Thanks to the hot weather we've been having lately so all the snow on out local mountains had melted and Nat's parents' ski trip got canceled. Some other parents called on Sunday so we're expecting 6 girls to show up and celebrate her birthday with her.
We had fun Sunday shopping for her party supplies until I had to go in to work for several hours.
The bad news is that our hamster died on Monday. She didn't look good Sunday night when I checked on her before bed and when I tried to hold her she gave the sign language of "Don't touch me and leave me alone." Her breathing was rapid and we don't know what happened. Naturally, Danielle was devastated when she discovered her hamster was not breathing. She said she didn't want her hamster to die. Our pet hamster almost had her 1 year anniversary this coming March but she didn't quite make the milestone.
It's so sad to see the empty cage in our laundry room last night and I don't want any more pets for a while.

No comments: