Friday, February 08, 2008

Danielle's up coming Birthday

Two days ago, she came home and told me that her best friend Nat isn't coming to her birthday party because she's going skiing. She had teary eye when she said this.
D: "Only Sonia is coming to my party!"
Me: "Well, remember how your class mate A also has her ice skating party on the same day? That's why some of your friends can't attend both parties"
D while crying: "But I want Nat to celebrate my birthday with me!"
Me: "Unfortunately, your birthday is on a long weekend so people make other plans to go out of town. I'm sure she rather come to your party than go ski."
D: "Has any one called you yet?"
Me: "Not yet. I asked them to call by the 8th"
She started to cry hard and I asked her why?
D: "I'm sad because no one likes me."
Me: "That's not true. It's really a timing issue and so don't think that no one loves you"
She cried in my lap and after a good cry she felt better and went on with her routine stuff.
As of now, no one has called to say that they are coming to her dog party so I'm not sure what I'm going to do.
Sigh..

No comments: