Friday, November 30, 2007

What's on my mind

My throat started to get sore yesterday. Hubby, Danielle and Secondo had this cold before I did and I finally got it too. I was hoping to escape the cold by diligently no sharing food from the kids and hand washing. I'm trying Zicam and so far my sore throat went away in 1 day but I don't like the taste of the cherry rapid melts tablet. Hopefully it works and I'll be all better by tomorrow.
Tomorrow night is my company's Christmas party and I don't really feel like going anymore. I've been working long hours and I rather stay home than spend more time with people I work with. Attending seems more like a chore at this point in time so what am I going to wear? Hubby's Christmas party is on a Wednesday Dec 12th and spouses are not invited. My interpretation of the rule is that they don't really want anyone to attend or only single people are welcome.
I took Danielle to their on campus holiday shopping. She picked out one give for my mom and her friend Natalie. She wanted to get Nicole Dora the Explorer ornaments but they were the size of choking hazard so we passed.
I finally finished the book "Life of Pi" and I would recommend this book. Some part of the book shared too much details but from a scientist point of view, Pi is an excellent scientist/zoologist. Now I'm listening to "The English Patient" and so far it's putting me to sleep. I'm not sure if it's because I've been tired lately or the book does not interest me. I'll continue listening for the next 2 CDs and decide.

No comments: