Monday, October 31, 2005

My exciting weekend

We started Saturday having Dim Sum with my parents. Secondo was cooperative while we were eating but the food wasn't that tasty. It's been months since I had Dim Sum and I thought that I would enjoy it more. After lunch Mom and I went grocery shopping and we bought lots of food since Mom generously volunteerd to cook many many dishes for the coming week. Later on we went over to my in-laws and hung out and had dinner.
Sunday morning, I went to my spin class and had a great workout. I was lucky to have excellent teachers for Saturdays and Sundays. Burned 512 calories and I'm sure others burned even more. The whole room was hot and you can see the steam on mirrors and the glass walls.
After lunch, Primero and I went ballet shoes shopping. We also got costume for Secondo. While we were shopping, Primero was playing with her other loose tooth. She won't let me touch it and not ready for tooth fairy to visit yet.
Sunday night, as I was folding laundry again (it's a never ending task), Primero came up to me and said
P: Mom, let me show you a new trick
Me: I'm ready..
She started to twist her tooth so it does almost a 180.
Me: Very cool, can I touch it?
P: NO.. I can feel the front of my teeth with my tongue

Before bed, Primero brushed her front teeth very carefully because she didn't want to disturb her loose tooth. When it was time to floss, I flossed the loose tooth last and it came out and fell on the floor. Primero was crying as blood and saliva drooled out of her mouth. Once the bleeding stopped she was fine and ready to put her tooth under her pillow for the tooth fairy.

We all went to bed and Secondo started to cry bloody murder around 11 PM. She didn't want to lay down and only semi-happy when I held her upright. We were both stressed out thinking something must be wrong with her. No temperature, didn't want to chew on anything. Finally hubby got a musical toy was able to distract her and give her time to passed some gas and burped. Once the gas is out of her system, she didn't protest being held horizontally. She found her thumb and fell asleep in my arm.
Hubby: Let's hold her for another 5 minutes and make sure she’s in deep sleep.
In my mind: Not going to happen… Another 60 seconds is all my arms, shoulder and back can handle
After a minute or so, she was fine when I put her on the bed.

No comments: