Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Transition to pre-school

This week is Secondo's 1st week at pre-school. She's with the older two's who are being potty trained. 1st day, the drop off was easy. I said good bye and she was busy playing with new toys. 2nd day, she didn't want me to leave so I sat with her for 10 minutes or so and had to leave her crying. By the time I dropped of Danielle, it was about 7:30AM. Today, I dropped of Danielle 1st so she won't be late for school when Secondo had separation anxiety issue. After dropping of Danielle, Secondo said "Mom, I don't want to go to school. I want to go to Amanda's house. I don't like my school anymore!"
Me: "We'll visit Amanda on weekends. Your new teacher will miss you if you don't go to school today."
Secondo: " I don't want to go to school. I want to go to Amanda house."
I didn't say much and drove her to school and she refused to go in to the building. When we got in to the class room she hugged me, cried and did not want to let me go.
Secondo: " I don't want to be in this classroom. I want the other class room."
Luckily, the two's teacher showed up so all the little ones were moved to the two classroom. I sat with her while she ate her apple and told her that I had to go to work in 5 min. When the time comes to leave, she cried and followed me out so I had to hand her over to her teacher and left feeling guilty for abandoning my child. I do recall having drop off issue with Danielle too and I would sit with her until circle time and sneaked out while they are singing.
When I called the school to check on her, the teacher said that she's doing fine.
I hope she'll do better next week during drop off.

No comments: