Friday, October 05, 2007

Mammo techonology

I got my mammogram done today and the technician was very proud of the latest and greatest digital imaging system they have instead of the film type mammogram system they had 6 months ago. I asked the technician what were the advantages of the digital vs. film version. Instead of saying the machine was able to generate higher resolution images, she said " It's like regular camera vs. digital camera or better yet regular TV vs. HDTV".
Digital or not, the intensity of crushing of the boobs are the same. I was hoping that the machine doesn't require boobs to become pancake before taking images but that ain't going to come true any time soon. She also warned me that I might get a call from the radiologist because of the higher resolution images so I should not be alarmed because they rather error on the safe side than vice versa. I pray that my twins are happy and in good health
October is breast cancer awareness month so I'm wearing the pink bracelet and got the pink bow pin that I'll put on my jacket.
I'm in the middle of reading Kafka on the shore and I'm more into the book now than before. Unexplainable weird things are starting to happen and two stories starts to merge together. Listening to this book opens up my desire to read more about Greek tragedies, really think about metaphors and irony of real life vs. fiction.

Note to self:
1st appointment is better than last appointment of the day. Shorter wait and staff members are still fresh= more friendly, less grouchy. Arriving earlier than appointment time also help since there will be surveys to fill out. NO Deodorant please.

3 comments:

Chubbypanda said...

My wife had a false alarm recently. Her doctor thought he'd found something, but the nifty machine proved otherwise. Thank heavens. We were on pins and needles for weeks.

Juliet said...

I hope that your results turn out okay. Mym mom is a Breast cancer survivor, so I am extra diligent.

Sam said...

Chubby Panda,
It's great that technology advances can help catch problems earlier.

Juliet,
Thank you for your kind thought. It's great that you're extra diligent when there's history in the family.