During body pump class, I was really bothered by my belly hanging out when I was doing deep swats. There's no hiding of the muffin top effect when the weigh gain occurs in the mid section of the body. I was able to hide it with workout clothes but when my belly is hanging out as much as the pregnant lady behind me, I need to change the way I eat.
I lost 15 lbs back in July 2010 and I've been slowly gain the weight back since. As of today, 3 years later, I gained back almost 12 lbs of those 15 lbs.
I tried joining the biggest looser at work as motivator for weight lost in February but I only lost 4 lbs in 3 months.
It's amazing to see the transformation of one girl in the gym lost 25 lbs in 6 months. She inspired me to get back on track.
Today is the beginning of my eating healthy/getting back to my goal weight.
Strategy for week one 6/30/13.
- Increase water intake: I've been drinking coffee instead of water. Some days I drink may be 12 oz at work and 12 oz at home so must get back on track by drinking more water or tea. Goal: 72 oz/day
- Bring my own lunch 4 out of 5 days of the week. Better portion control when I bring my own food instead of eating out. Kale salad, dinner left overs etc...
- Target calorie intake to be 1500/ day
- Eat brown rice instead of white rice: It doesn't taste as good so I eat less of it.
- Increase activities: Currently 3 hrs/week so will increase to 4 hrs/week for week one. Calorie goal: 600 cal/workout so total output goal: 2400 cal/week.
- Make my self accountable by posting my calorie burn.
Sunday's workout sets the stage for the whole week. The fact that it's July 4th weekend, I will be able to workout at least 4-5 times.
- Cycle & Body pump: 682 cal.
Who wants to join me in this journey to weight loss?